"(I've Been) Searchin' So Long" is a song written by James Pankow for the group Chicago and recorded for their album Chicago VII (1974). The first single released from that album, it reached number 9 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
Foreshadowing the two lead vocals that Pankow would later do, this song features his first credited backing vocals.
- Peter Cetera – bass guitar, lead vocals
- Robert Lamm – piano, background vocals
- Terry Kath – guitar, background vocals
- Danny Seraphine – drums
- Lee Loughnane – trumpet, background vocals
- James Pankow – trombone, percussion, background vocals
- Walter Parazaider – tenor saxophone
- Additional Personnel
- David J. Wolinski – Arp synthesizer
- Laudir DeOliveira – congas
- Jimmy Haskell – strings