Gilardo Gilardi (San Fernando (Buenos Aires), 1889 - may 25, Buenos Aires, January 16, 1963) was an Argentine composer, pianist, conductorand poet . He is the eponymof Gilardo Gilardi Conservatory of Music in La Plata.
Gilardi was born in San Fernando and got there music lessons from his father, before he trained was to composer by Arturo Berutti in Buenos Aires. He began composing when he was teenager and opened his first opera, Ilse, at the age of 23.
He was active as a professor to the National University of La Plata
- Ilse, opera based on a libretto by Cosimo Giogeri contributing Nations collectively, 1919
- La leyenda del urutaú, opera based on a libretto by José Oliva Nogueira, 1929
- Primera serie argentina
- Evocación quechua
- Réquiem, 1933
- Misa de Gloria, 1936
- Gaucho con botas nuevas, symphonic poem, 1938
- Sonata para violín y piano
- Canciones para canto y piano
- Sonata para violín y piano popular argentina