All was young the anti revolutionary lawyer Donner top official and Minister (the child of State). He was Minister of Justice in the Netherlands cabinet De Geer I. He was well regarded at the Chamber members. He brought to the civil service law and dropped in 1932 ignominious blasphemy included in the criminal code (art. 147). He was after his resignation as a Minister in 1933 judge at the Supreme Court.
During the Second World War was involved with the Church resistance and Donner some time interned. However, in 1944 he resigned as Councillor, without distance themselves from the policy of the Supreme Council during the occupation. He was however because of his stance in the war in 1946 appointed president of this Court. He was also a long time President of the Electoral Council.
On 16 december 1971, he was, from thanks for all his merits, has been appointed as Minister of State. Honorable was also in 1946 as a member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW).
- Knight of the order of the Netherlands lion, 1925
- Commander of the order of Orange-Nassau, 17 september 1946
- Commander of the order of the Netherlands lion, 28 april 1951
- Knight Grand Cross of the order of Orange-Nassau, 28 February 1961
- From 1975 until his death in 1981 he was honorary member of the fraternity s.s.r.-N.U. He was later an honorary member of the predecessor s.s.r. Utrecht.
|Sources and references
|Predecessor:||Minister of Justice
|Predecessor:||President Hoge Raad