James Eugene "Jim" Carrey (Newmarket, 17 January 1962) is a Canadian-American actor. He is known for his ' elastic ' described as of facial expressions and won more than 30 awards, including Golden Globes for both The Truman Show as Man on the Moon .Jim Carrey in 2007
Carrey is the youngest of four children of Percy and Kathleen Carrey. As a child he performed on for anyone who wanted to look. At the age of 10 he sent his resume to the Carol Burnettshow, and in high school he was allowed at the end of the lessons every day ten minutes occur, on condition that he kept the rest of the day at ease. His family led no prosperous existence. To contribute worked Carrey as a teenager after school in the Titan Wheelsfactory in Scarborough. Then the family lived some time in a Volkswagen camper.
When Carrey was sixteen, he left school and he tried to come to work in clubs. In 1979 he went to Los Angeles and was discovered by Rodney Dangerfield. This offered him a contract to as opening act on his show.
Starting from 1985 was Carrey to see in movies. He played his first leading role in Once Bitten. Early 90 's was Carrey one of the main characters in the comedy series In Living Color, along with Keenen Ivory Wayans.
In 1994 broke Carrey by in the film world with his starring role in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. With the subsequent films The Mask and Dumb and Dumber his name was established as a comic actor. Carrey plays nevertheless also more serious roles. In 1998 he garnered praise as Truman Burbank in The Truman Show and a year later he had success as the misunderstood comedian Andy Kaufman in the biopic Man on the Moon. For both films for his role he was rewarded with a Golden Globe. In 2001, Carrey a man with amnesia in The Majestic and in 2004, he co-starred with Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind .
- The All-Night Show TV series-various voices (1980-1981)
- Copper Mountain (1983) – Bobby Todd
- Introducing ...Janet (1983)-Toni Moroni
- The Sex and Violence Family Hour (Video, 1983)-various roles
- All in Good Taste (1983)-Ralph
- Buffalo Bill TV series-Jerry Lewis-impersonator (Afl., Jerry Lewis Week, 1984, uncredited)
- The Duck Factory Television series-Skip Tarkenton (1984)
- Finders Keepers (1984) Bidlekoff-Lane
- Once Bitten (1985)-Mark Kendall
- Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)-Walter Getz
- The Dead Pool (1988)-Johnny Squares
- Earth Girls Are Easy (1988)-Wiploc
- Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All (TV movie, 1989)-Brad Peters
- Pink Cadillac (1989)-Actor
- High Strung (1991)-death (uncredited)
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider (1992)-The Exterminator (voice)
- Doing Time on Maple Drive (TV movie, 1992)-Tim Carter
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)-Ace Ventura
- In Living Color TV series-various roles (1990-1994)
- The Mask (1994)-Stanley Ipkiss
- Dumb And Dumber (1994)-Lloyd Christmas
- Batman Forever (1995)-Riddler/Dr. Edward Riddler (Edward Nigma)
- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995)-Ace Ventura
- The Cable Guy (1996)-The Cable Guy
- Liar Liar (1997)-Fletcher Reede
- The Truman Show (1998)-Truman Burbank
- Simon Birch (1998)-adult Joe Wenteworth
- Man on the Moon Andy Kaufman/Tony Clifton (1999)-
- Me, Myself & Irene Officer Charlie Baileygates/Hank (2000)-Evans
- The Grinch (2000)-Grinch
- The Majestic (2001)-Peter Appleton
- Pecan Pie (2003)-The Driver
- Bruce Almighty (2003)-Bruce Nolan
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)-Joel Barish
- Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)-Count Olaf
- Fun with Dick and Jane (2005)-Dick Harper
- The Number 23 (2007)-Walter Sparrow/Fingerling
- Horton Hears a Who! (2008)-Horton (voice)
- Yes Man (2008)-Carl Allen
- A Christmas Carol (2009)- Ebenezer Scrooge, ghosts
- I Love you Phillip Morris (2010)- Steven Russell
- Mr. Popper's Penguins (2011)-Thomas "Thom" Popper Jr.
- The incredible Burt Wonderstone (2013)-Steve Gray
- Kick-Ass 2 (2013)-Colonel Stars and Stripes
- Carrey has all the celebrities most MTV Awards won (to 2009 nine, the last being in 2009 for his role in Yes Man).
- When Carrey's father died, he wrote himself a check for $ 10 million. With the film The Cable Guy earned Carrey $ 20 million and he silvered the check.
- Carrey was one of the candidates to play the role of Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but had to leave it to Johnny Depp that eventually.
- Carrey is in the possession of the original Bongos of Andy Kaufman, with which he has the lead role in the film Man on the Moon managed to earn.
- Carrey's favorite band is the American death metal band Cannibal Corpse. This band can be seen in Ace Ventura.
- Carrey was one of the favorite actors of Tupac Shakur.